I came across this checklist by chance, unfortunately I do not know whom to give the credits for it, but I thought I might share it with the readers of my blog.
1. Make a resolve to win the maximum favour of Allah: perform extra voluntary prayers (Nawaafil), make frequent Du'a and increase remembrance (Dhikr).
2. Try to recite some Qu'ran after every Prayer. In fact if you read 3-4 pages after every Prayer you can easily finish the entire Quran in Ramadan! Study the Quranic Tafseer (commentary) every morning.
3. Invite a person you are not very close with to your home for Iftar, at least once a week. You will notice the blessings in your relationships!
4. Bring life to your family! Everyday, try to conclude the fast with your family and spend some quality time together to understand each other better.
5. Give gifts on 'Eid to at least 5 people: 2 to your family members, 2 to your good friends, and 1 to a person whom you love purely for the sake of Allah.
6. Commit to an Islamic study circles to enhance your Islamic knowledge and practice. Plan to complete reading a book on Prophet Muhammad’s (pbuh) life in these 30 days.
7. Donate generously to the masajid, Islamic organizations, and any where people are in need. "This is a month of sharing!"
8. Share Ramadan and its teachings of love & patience with your neighbours. Learn how at http://www.soundvision.com/info/ramadan/
9. Initiate a project to promote or revive a ‘forgotten’ social cause in the Muslim and non-Muslim community: fight against racism, AIDS, drugs, cancer, smoking…etc
10. Did you know, our society, which constitutes only 20% of world’s population, actually consumes 80% of world’s resources! Volunteer at food bank or Anti-Poverty campaign, while fasting!
11. Seek the rare and oft-neglected rewards of 'the night better than a 1000 months', Laylatul-Qadr.
12. Weep in private for the forgiveness of your sins: It is the month of forgiveness and Allah's Mercy! It's never too late.
13. Learn to control your tongue and lower your gaze. Remember the Prophet's warning that lying, backbiting, and a lustful gaze all violate the fast! Abandon foul language forever.
14. Encourage others to enjoin and love goodness, and to abandon everything evil. Play the role of a Da'ee (one who invites to Allah) with passion and sympathy.
15. Experience the joy of Tahajjud prayers late at night and devote yourself purely and fully to Allah in the I'tikaf retreat during the last 10 days of Ramadan.
In sha Allah you might find this useful.